IFIA ABIPIR Latin America’s India Chapter Has Opened Its First Regional Headquarters
For South India In Mangaluru, Karnataka.
Mangaluru sits in the cross roads of development & is known for its scenic beaches & a well-known education hub. Mangalore is also the administrative headquarters of the Dakshina Kannada district, and is a commercial, industrial, educational, healthcare, and start up hub.
IFIA ABIPIR has been set up in CEOL the Center for Entrepreneurship. Opportunities & learning with the sole purpose of driving
- Collaboration between startups and innovators from the region with Latin American market via the Connect Brazil initiative.
The regional headquarters is managed by two of the most prominent entrepreneurs Mr. Vishwas U S Rao, Regional Director and Mr. Abhishek Bhandary, Director for outreach who will report to the National HQ of IFIA ABIPIR in Bangalore headed by Mr. Anand Kannan.
The region has lot of educational institutes where brilliant minds are churning out innovative solutions which are used within the region and some of the innovations like portable refrigerator for vaccines are now being rolled out to hit the global markets.
Places close to Mangaluru like Puttur is considered the hub for agricultural innovations where farmers and locals have developed scores of innovative implements which are used by farmers across the country that have commercialization capabilities beyond Indian shores.
Mr. Vishwas U S Rao, Regional Director
Mr. Abhishek Bhandary, Director for outreach
The regional headquarters will also work on:
- Scaling up innovation standards by bringing in experts from design, technology and patent
- Setting up of focused incubation and acceleration centers which will assist startups in coming out with disruptive products which are commercially viable.
- Hosting local and regional innovation events which will bring together Innovators, inventors, coorporates, technology transfer specialists, Funding companies industry associations, universities in a single arena which will boost collaboration, commercializing opportunities, showcasing inventors and creating new opportunities.
- Working closely to implement goals of IFIA worldwide in terms of introducing various programs like IFIA Innovation standards, Working closing with IFIA training academy, Hosting innovations fairs under IFIA umbrella.
- Work with local partners to bring out green innovations, agricultural innovations to the global fore.
- Identifying inventors & honoring them with INV title.
IFIA ABIPIR regional HQ will align with the visions of IFIA chairman Dr. AliReza Rastegar and our mentor Dr. Marcelo Vivacqua, President IFIA Latin America in bringing out the best innovations from the region & scaling up the innovation standards & index of the region & the country.